Do you want to throw a nutritious treat this Easter festive? This carrot cake cookies recipe is super easy and satisfying for all cookie lovers.
The shredded carrot, the scent of cinnamon, and the pretty orange color make your Easter delight special. The velvety cream topping and nuts add delicacy and enticing flavor to your carrot cake cookies. You can mold the cake into different shapes according to your dessert menu.
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Cookies
- Vegetable oil or melted butter 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Whole eggs 3
- Vanilla 2 teaspoon
- Peeled and shredded carrots 2 cups
- Pineapple cubes 1 cup
- Flour ( wheat flour/ all purpose flour) 2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 3 cups
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Raisins ¾ cup
- Oats 2 cups
- Unsweetened coconut ½ cup
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze
- Icing or powdered sugar 1 cup
- Cream cheese 1 oz.
- Vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon
- Milk 4 teaspoon
Step by step guide on how to make carrot cake cookies
- Preheat your baking oven at 350 °C.
- Combine sugar with oil or softened butter and mix it at medium speed. Scrap bowl frequently and keep on mixing until it gets creamy.
- Add eggs and two teaspoons of vanilla to the creamy mixture and mix well.
- Now combine all the remaining dry ingredients (flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda) with this mixture and beat constantly. Scrap the bowl during the beating and add shredded carrots in the end. Stir the mixture properly until it gets fine consistency.
- Release round scoops of mixture on a greased baking sheet. Bake them for 14-18 minutes until they turn slightly golden. Let your cookies cool down before glazing.
- For glazing, combine cream cheese, sugar, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Top each cookie with this cream glaze and nuts of your choice.
- Your Easter dessert is ready to serve!
Tips for baking Carrot Cake Cookies like a pro
- Use softened butter that keeps your dough firm.
- Use a scoop or a cookie dispenser for dropping dough on the baking sheet. This way, your cookies will get that perfect round shape.
- Remove cookies from the oven while they are undercooked at the center. It helps to make your cookies soft and chewy.